A 6 week course for anyone who has been affected by a loved one’s addiction to alcohol and/or drugs.
Affected by Addiction
The price of this course is £60. Those on means tested benefits can attend the course for £10 by entering promo code MTB2020-1 in the shopping basket. You must present evidence of your MTB when attending the course or you will be asked to pay the balance. See MTB for more details.
Who is this course for?
Anyone affected by a loved one’s addiction to alcohol and/or drugs.
Outcomes for attendees
- To develop new skills to communicate with your loved ones
- To have identified ways in which you can look after your own emotional wellbeing
- To learn how to not feel responsible for your loved one’s use of substances
- To explore the effect of stigma on you and your family
- To meet other people who are struggling with the same difficulties as you
- To learn new coping strategies to help you detach with love from your loved one’s behaviours
- To explore boundary making
- To explore the concepts of co-dependency and enabling behaviours
- To be familiar with referral routes for treatment and support in the local community for yourselves and your loved ones
Qualified MBACP Counsellor with a background in working with adult individuals and young people, Jim is also experienced in delivering training and public speaking.
Dates, times, and venue
Dates: Every Thursday from 27 February through to 2 April 2020
Time: 6:30pm to 8.30pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.