Counselling Children & Young People
The price of this course is £610. 20% early bird discount offered until 18 July brings the cost down to £488.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for counsellors wanting to develop their practice to work therapeutically with children and young people.
Outcomes for attendees
- To be more aware of the differences when working with CYP clients as opposed to adult clients
- To have an understanding of child development theories and attachment
- To explore a model of how to work safely with grieving and traumatised children
- To have explored working with other common themes in CYP counselling such as bullying, anxiety, low self esteem, anger, relationships, eating disorders and self and identity
- To look at safeguarding and confidentiality, managing boundaries with parents and carers appropriately and be more confident in working with suicide and risk
- To have had the chance to role play and practise therapeutic situations
- To explore and experience creative ways of working with children and young people such as free play, drawing and talking and sand tray therapy
- To be able to connect to your own inner child in the service of children you may be trying to help
- To understand requirements of working with children in an organisational context
Sarah is an MBACP registered counsellor working with children and young people within school settings and other services. She is also the Children’s Services Manager at The Counselling & Family Centre and has over 20 years’ experience working in Human Resources.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
Dates: Each day of this 6 course takes place in September 2021 and each will be classroom based.
Monday 13+Tuesday 14,
Monday 20+Tuesday 21,
Monday 27+Tuesday 28 September 2021
Time: 10:00am to 4.00pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 36 hours
This is a non-accredited programme and will be delivered partly online and partly face-to-face. Please note that the September dates may change depending on safety requirements and government guidelines in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic.
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.