Effective Couples Counselling
The price of this course is £610. We are offering an early bird discount of 20% until end 26 July 2020 which brings the cost down to £488.
Who is this course for?
This course will suit anyone who already has a basic understanding & experience of the counselling process and is looking to extend their knowledge and experience of working in the interesting, demanding and fascinating world of couple counselling. It will build not only on your counselling knowledge in general but also on the practical and theoretical aspects of working with the couple dynamic. This is a non-accredited programme that will deepen the understanding of working therapeutically with couples.
Outcomes for attendees
- To understand Systemic and Psychodynamic theory with regard to couple work
- To be aware and work with the practical differences between working with couples and individuals
- To build therapeutic bonds in a couple dynamic whilst holding the balance in the room
- To understand life stages and loss and how that impacts on the couple dynamic
- To understand and work with different relationship styles
- To learn how to use immediacy effectively to work with the couple fit, conflict and conflict resolution in the room
- To understand diversity and how it specifically impacts on a couple relationship
- To be aware of domestic violence and abuse and its impact on the couple relationship
- To be able to build positive communication between couples
- To have abetter understanding of affairs and impact on the relationship.
- To have an understanding of the circular relationship between sexual and relational issues
- To understand how difference and diversity affects couples
- To know how to use active techniques in couples counselling.
An experienced counsellor and trainer who specialises in relationship and couples therapy, Alex has an MA in Relationship Therapy and is an accredited member of BACP. Alex teaches for Relate as well as presents seminars and training on LGBTQ issues in counselling.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
September 2020: Saturday 19, Sunday 20, Saturday 26, Sunday 27.
October 2020: Saturday 10, Sunday 11
Time: 9:30am to 4.30pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 42 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.