Engage in an interactive exploration of the contributing factors that are present within addictions and the lives of addicted persons.
Introduction to Working with Addictions
The price of this course is £110. We are offering an early bird discount of 20% until 18 July 2021 which brings the cost down to £88.
Who is this course for?
This course is for Counsellors, Psychotherapists or anyone working in a role supporting people affected by addiction who wish to gain a greater awareness around addictions and the issues relating to addicted persons, to understand the factors involved and how they can be overcome.
Outcomes for attendees
This workshop offers the experience of participating in an experiential discussion led learning environment, and engage in an interactive exploration of the contributing factors that are present within addictions and the lives of addicted persons.
- To understand the nature of addiction with emphasis on several descriptive models.
- To explore the spectrum of addictive behaviours.
- To have an understanding of how addictions can affect the lives and relationships of the individual, families and wider society.
- To raise awareness of popular modes of recovery from addictions and gain understanding of what this can look like for those involved.
- To be able to understand and respond to those with addictions in a more helpful and healthier way for all involved.
Gary Richardson (Adv Dip)
10 years ongoing experience working in the addiction /substance misuse field: in rehabilitation, community and criminal justice/custodial settings
Practicing humanistic counsellor
Dates, times, venue and CPD
Dates: Saturday 11 September
Time: 9:30am to 4.00pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP (Classroom based course)
CPD: 6.5 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.