A one-day course to develop your knowledge and understanding of PTSD.
** NB The date for this trauma course is changing from that listed. Please check back soon for confirmation of new date. ***
Recognising and Responding to Survivors of Trauma
The price of this course is £110. We are offering an early bird discount of 20% until 29 August 2021 which brings the cost down to £88.
Who is this course for?
A one-day course for non-therapy professionals to help develop their knowledge and understanding of PTSD, and ways to effectively offer support within their professional roles..
Outcomes for attendees
Recognising and understanding PTSD
- Understanding the historical context for PTSD
- Have an overview of different psychological models for PTSD:
- Be able to recognise PTSD in terms of psychological responses, neurological responses & disassociation
Responding to PTSD:
- Understanding and be able to apply psychological ‘first aid’
- Be able to manage risk
- Know when to refer to other services
- Be more aware of the potential of vicarious trauma and maintaining self-care
Penny Bullock MBACP (Snr. Accred.), MProf, MSc Psychological Trauma (distinction), Post-Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision.
Penny has worked as a senior counsellor within the NHS for 15 years, working with both adults and young people. She currently specialises in trauma work and has an interest in research. Penny has been a Supervisor for over 12 years working for different agencies and in private practice.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
** NB The date for this trauma course is changing from that listed below. Please check back soon for confirmation of new date. ***
Dates: Friday 22 October 2021
Time: 10:00am to 4.00pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 6 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.