A course for anyone who may work with victims and survivors of child sexual abuse & exploitation.
Understanding Child Sexual Exploitation
The price of this course is £110.
Who is this course for?
This workshop is suitable for counsellors, psychotherapists and professionals working in similar support roles and caring professions who are working with victims and survivors of child sexual abuse & exploitation.
Outcomes for attendees
- Be able to recognise the problems with separating CSE from CSA and know the definitions of both
- To understand the process of CSE/A - what victims go through from early childhood into adulthood and use empathic imagination to understand experiences from service users perspective
- To be able to understand and identify the barriers that victims face when accessing support
- Be able to recognise the challenges professionals face with multiagency working - know the common mistakes that are made, and how to mitigate them
- Know the dangers inherent with using and misusing psychiatric diagnosis’s for victims of abuse and know what is and isn’t appropriate language to use around CSE discourse and report writing.
- Be able to use varied approaches and tools to build trusting relationships and communicate with children and survivors of CSE/A
Elicia & Zoe, The REIGN Collective
Elicia & Zoe are the Directors of The REIGN Collective in Manchester, and have worked together in REIGN for two and a half years. They are a social enterprise, not for profit organisation, their work has a charitable purpose offering survivor led workshops and training in CSE/A.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
Dates: Monday 11 May 2020
Time: 9:30am to 4.00pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 6.5 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.