Develop your confidence, knowledge and understanding of responding effectively to clients or personnel experiencing depression and/or anxiety.
Working with Depression and Anxiety
The price of this course is £120. We are offering an early bird discount of 20% until 7 July which brings the cost down to £96.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for student and qualified counsellors, managers and other support staff who want to develop confidence, enhance practice and update your knowledge and understanding of responding effectively to clients or personnel experiencing depression and/or anxiety.
Aims and outcomes for attendees
Aims of course
Know the difference between depression and anxiety and build on your understanding in order to respond effectively to clients or personnel experiencing the impact these mental health challenges present.
Outcomes for Attendees
- To have a greater understanding of depression and anxiety and the effect they have on the body and mind
- Recognise and understand how to respond to depression and anxiety therapeutically
- Understand and manage risks associated with depression and anxiety
- Understand stigma surrounding depression and anxiety
- Learn strategies for managing thoughts in relation to negative thinking
- Know when to refer to other services, useful signposting
Deb is a Qualified MBACP Counsellor with significant experience of working with adult individuals and a Mental Health For England First Aider (soon to be Instructor Trainer). A passion for educating around wellbeing and supporting those who are currently experiencing challenges with their mental health.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
Dates: Saturday 16 July 2022
Time: 9:30am to 4.00pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 6.5 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.