Working with Families
The price of this course is £660. We are offering an early bird discount of 20% until 15 August 2021 which brings the cost down to £528.
Who is this course for?
This course will suit professionals who work alongside families. It will be more beneficial to those who already have experience of working with children or young people and have some understanding of child development. It will help in providing more of an insight into effective communication with family members within a framework of positive change. (This is a non-accredited programme that will deepen the understanding of working therapeutically with families.)
Outcomes for attendees
- To understand the family lifecycle and how it affects the family members
- To have knowledge of the practical differences between working with individuals and working with family groups
- To hold the balance of the family dynamic in the room
- To manage conflict and powerful emotions within the helping process
- To consider the requirements of an assessment process, gaining an appreciation of the communication and interaction between all of the family members
- To have an understanding of a range of different theories useful for when working with families
- To have an awareness of different types of family systems
Helena Hodgson. Dip. Therapeutic Counselling. Post Grad Cert in Therapy with Children and Families. Registered MBACP
Helena has over 20 years of experience of working with children, young people and families in a variety of roles including Police Schools Liaison Officer, Youth and Community Liaison Officer and working in pastoral care in a pupil referral unit for key stage 3 and 4 young people. Helena recently managed a school counselling service. Helena created the ‘Safer Stranger Safer Buildings’ code & trialled it locally, gaining acclaim from national children’s charities.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
Dates: October 2021: Thursday 7, Friday 8, Thursday 28, Friday 29. November 2021: Thursday 18, Friday 19
Time: 9:30am to 4.30pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 42 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.