Deepen your understanding of grief in order to provide a greater level of support to your clients
Working with Loss and Bereavement
The price of this course is £205. Early bird discount extended to end 10 June makes price £164.
Who is this course for?
This course is for counsellors (qualified or trainee) who have a basic grasp of some grief theory and want to deepen their understanding of grief in order to provide a greater level of support to clients. It will also be suitable for other professionals working with people affected by loss or bereavement
Aims and Outcomes
Aims of course:
Deepen your understanding of grief and develop further skills in working with adults affected by loss or bereavement.
Outcomes for Attendees
- Have built your knowledge of loss, bereavement, grief and mourning and be able to identify the many different ways in which these may affect your client, including factors affecting the grieving process
- Have explored a range of grief theories and considered how to use these when working with a client
- Have gained a deeper insight into supporting a bereaved person, including practising skills and techniques that help Be able to recognise and work with clients experiencing complex grief and disenfranchised grief
- Have developed an understanding of how to support clients bereaved by suicide
- Have greater awareness of the importance of self-care when working with people who have experienced loss.
Paula is a qualified person-centred counsellor and trainer who has worked at the Counselling & Family Centre since 2019. She has run a bereavement support group for carers and has worked with adult counselling clients who have experienced bereavement and loss.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
Dates: Friday 8 July and Saturday 9 July 2022
Time: 10:00am to 4.00pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 12 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.