For counsellors and psychotherapists who want to deepen their understanding of grief.
Bereavement & Loss Counselling
The price of this course is £210. We are offering an early bird discount of 20% until end Sunday 12 April which brings the cost down to £168.
Who is this course for?
This course is for counsellors and psychotherapists who have a basic grasp of some bereavement theory and want to deepen their understanding of grief to provide a greater level of support to clients.
Outcomes for attendees
- To have built your knowledge of bereavement, grief, mourning and loss and be able to Identify the many different ways these may affect your client
- Be able to recognise, assess and work with complex grief
- To have a deeper insight into structuring an ongoing supportive relationship with a bereaved person
- To have explored different models used in bereavement work
- Be able to identify and work with suicide risk
- Be able to support clients bereaved by suicide, including dealing with feelings of guilt
- To have practiced skills and techniques that help when working with bereaved people
- To have explored the benefits of ongoing support through bereavement groups
- To have greater awareness of the importance of self-care when working with bereavement
With 20 years experience in training and development in the public, private and education sectors, Toni is also a fully qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist and has significant experience working as a trained Cruse Bereavement Counsellor.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
Dates: Friday 5 June and Saturday 6 June 2020
Time: 9:30am to 4.00pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 13 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.