For all counsellors and psychotherapists wanting to develop confidence, enhance practice, and update your knowledge and understanding of responding effectively to the suicidal client.
Working with Suicide & Risk
The price of this course is £110. We are offering an early bird discount of 20% until Sunday 22 December which brings the cost down to £88.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for all counsellors and psychotherapists whether still in training, recently qualified or an experienced practitioner, wanting to develop confidence, enhance practice, and update your knowledge and understanding of responding effectively to the suicidal client..
Outcomes for attendees
- To have explored your awareness of suicide, dispelled myths and be aware of current trends and statistics
- Be more confident in opening up dialogue with a client who reveals they are experiencing suicidal thoughts and contemplating ending their own life
- Have a better understanding of risk / protective factors
- To understand legal / ethical / organisational issues
- To have considered the impact on family members when someone takes their own life
- To enhance personal reflections and self-care around the impact of working with suicidal clients
- Be aware of other professionals/organisations that could actively support suicidal clients and families bereaved by suicide
With 20 years experience in training and development in the public, private and education sectors, Toni is also a fully qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist and has significant experience working as a trained Cruse Bereavement Counsellor.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
Dates: Saturday 15 February 2020
Time: 9:30am to 4.00pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 6.5 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.