A 4 day course for counsellors who want to improve their work with clients who have experienced trauma.
Working with Trauma and PTSD
The price of this course is £410.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for qualified and student counsellors and psychotherapists. All participants must have appropriate supervision support in place for the duration of the programme. This is a non-accredited programme that will deepen the understanding of trauma and its impact and develop further skills in working with people affected by trauma and PTSD.
Outcomes for attendees
- Understand the historical context for PTSD
- Have an overview of different psychological models for PTSD
- Learn the psychological, physiological and neurological processes associated with PTSD
- Be able to respond therapeutically to trauma presentations and incorporate a framework that can be adapted within your therapeutic approach
- Learn how to work with complex trauma: working with survivors of abuse, introduction to dissociation
- Have the opportunity to explore cultural issues
- Experience relaxation and visualisation techniques that can be used when working with trauma
- Build awareness of safety and timing in trauma work and understand indicators of recovery and resolution
- Experience creative approaches in trauma work
- Time for self-reflection and casework reflection
- Supervision and self-care
Penny Bullock MBACP (Snr. Accred.), MSc Psychological Trauma (distinction), Post-Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision. Penny has worked as a senior counsellor within the NHS for 15 years, working with both adults and young people. She currently specialises in trauma work and has an interest in research. Penny has been a Supervisor for over 10 years working for different agencies and in private practice.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
Dates: Friday 24 January, Saturday 25 January, Saturday 1 February, Monday 3 February 2020
Time: 10:00am to 4.00pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 24 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.