TRAUMA 1: UNDERSTANDING AND RESPONDING TO PTSD
A 2 day course that can be attended as a standalone, or together with further 2 day course TRAUMA 2: UNDERSTANDING AND RESPONDING TO COMPLEX TRAUMA
Working with Trauma & PTSD - Part 1
The price of this course is £205 for the two days. We are offering an early bird discount of 20% until 23 May 2021 which brings the cost down to £164.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for qualified and student counsellors and psychotherapists. All participants must have appropriate supervision support in place for the duration of the programme. (This is a non-accredited programme that will deepen the understanding of trauma and its impact and develop further skills in working with people affected by trauma and PTSD.) Part one and part two can be attended independently.
Outcomes for attendees
Day 1: Understanding PTSD
- Understand the historical context for PTSD
- Have an overview of different psychological models for understanding PTSD
- Be aware of current definition of PTSD by NICE
- Understand the psychological, physical and neurological processes associated with PTSD
Day 2: Responding to PTSD presentations
- Learn how to respond therapeutically to trauma presentations through incorporating a phased approach framework
- Be aware of the importance of timing of different responses including ‘psychological first aid’
- Importance of building awareness of safety in trauma therapy and understand indicators of the concepts of ‘recovery’ and ‘resolution’.
Penny Bullock MBACP (Snr. Accred.), MProf. MSc Psychological Trauma (distinction), Post-Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision.
Penny has worked as a senior counsellor within the NHS for 15 years, working with both adults and young people. She currently specialises in trauma work and has an interest in research. Penny has been a Supervisor for over 12 years working for different agencies and in private practice.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
** NB Change to previously advertised dates ***
Dates: Friday 16 July and Saturday 17 July 2021
Time: 10:00am to 4.00pm
Venue: Face-to-face course at The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 12 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.