TRAUMA 2: UNDERSTANDING AND RESPONDING TO COMPLEX TRAUMA
A 2 day course that can be attended as a standalone, or together with earlier 2 day course TRAUMA 1: UNDERSTANDING AND RESPONDING TO PTSD
Working with Trauma & PTSD - Part 2
The price of this course is £205 for the two days. We are offering an early bird discount of 20% until 30 May 2021 which brings the cost down to £164.
Who is this course for?
This course builds on the learning from the Trauma 1 course. However, this is not a pre-requisite for this training if counsellors already have an understanding of trauma presentations and have some experience of working therapeutically with survivors. All participants must have appropriate supervision in place for the duration of the course. (This is a non-accredited programme that will deepen the understanding of trauma and its impact and develop further skills in working with people experiencing complex trauma presentations).
Outcomes for attendees
- Understanding features of complex trauma
- Understanding contributing factors e.g. Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Using an attachment lens to understand PTSD cognitions and behavior’s, and how these may be played out in the therapeutic relationship.
- Learning ways to respond therapeutically to different client groups e.g. survivors of domestic abuse +
- Understanding importance of therapist self-care
- Experience relaxation techniques that can be used when working with this client group
- Understanding the effect of difference (cultural, religious ++) on the therapeutic relationship
- Time for self-reflection and casework discussion (participants own casework examples)
- Opportunity to experience creative approaches in trauma work CPD 12 hours
Penny Bullock MBACP (Snr. Accred.), MProf. MSc Psychological Trauma (distinction), Post-Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision.
Penny has worked as a senior counsellor within the NHS for 15 years, working with both adults and young people. She currently specialises in trauma work and has an interest in research. Penny has been a Supervisor for over 12 years working for different agencies and in private practice.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
** NB Change to previously advertised dates ***
Dates: Friday 23 July and Friday 30 July 2021
Time: 10:00am to 4.00pm
Venue: Face-to-face course at The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 12 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.