Working with Couples
The price of this course is £610, but we are offering a 20% discount until the end of May which brings the cost down to £488.
Who is this course for?
This course will suit anyone who already has a basic understanding & experience of the counselling process and is looking to extend their knowledge and experience of working in the interesting, demanding and fascinating world of couple counselling. It will build not only on your counselling knowledge in general but also on the practical and theoretical aspects of working with the couple dynamic. This is a non-accredited programme that will deepen the understanding of working therapeutically with couples.
Outcomes for attendees
- To understand the difference in working with a couple rather than an individual.
- To understand why we choose partners.
- To recognise what we bring to a relationship and why patterns are repeated.
- To understand how loss, change, and family systems affect a relationship.
- To understand the importance of clear contracting and firm boundaries.
- To talk about sex and identify personal barriers.
- To understand what affairs are and why they happen.
- To consider rebuilding after an affair or after a relationship ends.
Counsellor (accredited), Supervisor, Clinical Lead 1point Bolton
I qualified in 2009 and then went on to gain qualifications in couples’ work and supervision. I have supervised couples’ counsellors with Relate and have worked in both the voluntary sector and in the NHS. I gained my teaching qualification in 2010. Currently the Clinical Lead at 1point Bolton, I also provide supervision for managers working for Being There, a charity supporting people with life-limiting conditions.
Dates, times, venue and CPD
Dates: TBC 2022
Time: 10:00am to 4.00pm
Venue: The Counselling & Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
CPD: 36 hours
For more information on our courses, including making a booking or cancellation, please see course information.